Recently Michael has decided that when Eowyn is eating he needs to kiss, hug, and smother her. As a result I usually lock myself in my room while I feed her. A few days ago the kids and I just got home from the pool. It was hot and I could tell Eowyn really needed to eat. I gave the children two instructions before locking myself in my room to feed Eowyn. I told them to change out of their bathing suits and put dry clothes on and to play quietly. I could see Michael and Saylor with their red cheeks needed a drink so before I went to feed Eowyn I quickly pulled two popcicles from the freezer and gave it to them. From my bedroom window I can see a walking trail that goes past our house. While feeding Eowyn something caught my eye. A couple walking their dog were looking at my house. I assumed that the kids were out yelling at the couple about their dog (something that happens all the time) so I marched straight in to tell the kids not to talk to strangers only to discover that both of them were sitting out on the back porch completely naked eating their popcicles. I won't go into detail about what happened next but it ended with the kids crying and me calling Jeremy at work to help me feel better.
Back to School Blessings
1 week ago
7 comments:
Awww! How cute. I am sorry it turned out bad. I have been there before, when your kids just don't listen!!!
Nothing like takin a walk and seeing two naked kids eating popsicles! Ah, kids are so funny!! You should have taken a picture and posted it!! ha ha ha!
Well in their defense you *did* say they were hot...
That is funny! My kids have had a few naked backyard adventures this summer (all unapproved), but at least our backyard has a fence!
What you have a blog! I'm so glad so I can see what you are up to!
Oh Autumn, what's summer if you can't sit around naked while eating popsicles? I just did it last night...okay, no I didn't, but I wish I did!
LOL! I'm sorry, that is just funny and you WILL laugh about these things later! :)
Post a Comment