The Miller's

Monday, July 14, 2008

A Big Surprise!!!

It all started yesterday at church. After sacrament Jeremy told me he was not feeling very well and needed to go get medicine at home. This was not highly unusual because Jeremy gets headaches when he becomes overheated and he was in his church suit on a very hot day. So after church I gathered the big kids (Jer had taken Eowyn with him) and went outside only to discover that our car was not still not there. I assumed that Jeremy had a really bad headache and needed to lay down and eventually he would notice that we were not home yet. He did remember and we hadn't waited too long. He said he was feeling much better when I asked him. When we got to our apartment I could smell the wonderful smell of brownies in the hallway. I even said to Jeremy that someone must have made brownies. Then Jeremy opened the door he and the kids yelled "Surprise!" I stepped inside only to discover that my sweetheart had feigned a headache and had come home to throw me a surprise Disney Princess birthday party. I was truly surprised. I had no idea. There were pink and purple balloons everywhere. Jeremy had set the table with heart shaped Ariel and Belle plates and we all wore crowns (except Michael -he refused) but the best part was that the yummy smell of brownies was coming from my very own apartment. We ate brownies before lunch and I opened up my presents which included my very own ipod shuffle (I think I can be considered a real Miller now). What a wonderful surprise and what a darling husband I have. Now the only thing to do is wait to see what happens on my real birthday :).

10 comments:

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Elizabeth said...

That's awesome. Sounds like a wonderful day. It's amazing the kids kept such a big secert. Hope you enjoy your real birthday.

Rachel said...

Jeremy is sad my birthday is passed since he wishes he would've thought to leave church early to do something for me! :) Happy to you!

Autumn said...

Rachel,
I'm sure your Jeremy will keep it in mind for next year. I figure it was a wise and noble reason to skip out on a High Priest lesson. Be on your guard if your Jeremy says anything about a headache in the weeks surrounding your birthday.

Sally said...

That is so cute! Happy Birthday! You are a true Miller now! :)

Where are the pictures!?

Wendy said...

What a fun birthday party! Everyone should feel like a princess on their birthday.

Angie said...

You have a great husband. I hope Tim reads this! It looks like you had a great start to your birthday! Happy Birthday from the Tim Millers!

Taunya said...

How fun! Jeremy you are awesome! Happy Birthday Autumn!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Autumn, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How did you get such an aweome husband? - oh that's right, because YOU'RE awesome! I miss you guys so much, and Jeremy - that was so cool -keep up the good work!

The Tolboe family said...

Happy Birthday Autumn. I can't wait to see you in a a few days. I can't believe that jeremy did that during the study of the bar exam. Mac has been home a total of 2 hours a day.