The Miller's

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Saylor Autumn Miller

Today was Saylor's 6th birthday! She and Michael slept in the living room with the Christmas tree and woke up to a room filled with balloons, a birthday banner and pictures of her posted on the walls (I'll post some pictures here later, Autumn did a great job making the house look special).

She had a full day of helping to make cupcakes, a little party at a friend's house where they played and made cookies, and of course, opening presents. She was so excited for the presents, it was adorable. As soon as I walked in the door, she ran to Autumn and asked if we could open presents now. I like to think that she was happy to see me just because I was home...

Needless to say, we are so happy to have Saylor in our family. She has got a great sense of humor, loves to help out, and is just fun to be around. We love our little girl. I can't believe she's six years old.

President Monson mentioned in a talk the pains of loneliness a parent feels when their children are grown up and gone. I already know it will be hard for me to see Saylor grow up, start dating (I will be making good use of the 2nd Amendment when that time comes), and move off to college (not necessarily in that order); but I also know that it will be a great blessing to me, too. She is an angel that is helping me become a better person everyday. The knowledge that we can be a forever family and that I am sealed to my little girl lessens fears and gives me great hope and joy I can't even express.

I love you Saylor. My beautiful daughter.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Saylor! That makes me excited to have my little one.

Sally said...

Ah, what good parents you are and what great kids! Happy Birthday Saylor! We miss you all SO much and wish you were here!

Love you!!!

Rachel said...

Six?? Amazing. Happy Birthday, Saylor!

Jill said...

Oh happy birthday to Miss Saylor! I am sad we missed your party this year.