The Miller's

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Saturday before Easter

I'm going to go ahead and brag about my mom a bit here. It seems like everyone these days has the Easter Bunny come on Saturday (us included) but I remember when I was growing up our family was the ONLY family who had this tradition. So my sweet mother was about 30 years ahead of the game on this one and I am grateful for it. She just felt so strongly that Easter should be about our Savior and so it was in our home from even before I can remember probably even before I was born. Thank you mother. I love you for it.
Saylor and Mike with their baskets.

I forgot to get a picture of Eowyn and her basket but I'm sure you can picture a cute baby dumping out an entire basket and playing in the Easter basket grass.


We had a little Easter Brunch/Egg Hunt with some of our friends
Here are some of the kids.

We made the "big kids" line up and wait so the little ones could have a chance.

Here's Saylor and her basket.

Here's Michael and his box- we didn't have enough baskets this year but he looks like he didn't mind.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Fun easter! I love doing it on Saturdays too.