Michael turned 4 on March 28th. It was a big day. Autumn and I were up late the night before getting ready. This was to be his first "friends" party and we wanted it to be big. Autumn picked a train theme and spent hours turning boxes into little trains, making a pond scene, and painting a wooden farm scene with a barn, cow, two sheep, and a tree. I laid down some duck-tape train tracks throughout the apartment that led to the different activities. The kids were to decorate their trains and ride along the tracks and play games. Michael was bashful when we sang to him, but was so excited to open his presents. It looked great and everyone had fun. We'll post some pictures soon. After his party we went to have dinner with some friends. After we sang to him again, he smiled and in his sweet little voice asked, "presents?"
So, now what can I say about Michael? There are times when he is out of control, loud, or just doesn't want to listen. But I know the real Michael. He is so sweet and thoughtful. He has a sharp and creative mind - I love how he colors pictures, he doesn't like to leave any white showing on the page. He is shy, like I was when I was a kid, and he doesn't really like to try new things, especially food (much to Autumn's dismay). I am trying my best to be the dad he needs to help him be his best. His potential is limitless and I am humbled to be his dad. Whenever I see him I just want to hold him and squeeze him. I look forward to all the things we will get to do together in Young Men's and scouting, school and sports. And at the same time I am afraid it will pass by too quickly.
Anyway, here's to my boy. I love you. You are special and wonderful. Thanks for choosing us as your parents!


3 comments:
Happy Birthday CUTE Michael!! Wow, can't wait to see pictures of that awesome party! Can you send some of your energy my way?
Happy Birthday Michael! I wish your parents would throw me a party, they go all out!
Such a sweet boy. Who couldn't love this kid.. he is too special. You guys ARE lucky.
Post a Comment