Jeremy here (too lazy to resign in as myself). Anyway,
One of Saylor's friends had a birthday, so we bought her a little diary. Of course this meant that Saylor wanted one too. We told her that we just don't buy things we want unless we really need them, or we earn them. She came up with the idea of earning her diary by making her bed for two weeks - I know, she should be doing that anyway, but it stopped her from whining so we went along with it.
Anyway, that's not the point. Some of you may remember that we lived on the second floor of our Syracuse apartment, and that when Saylor was about three she fell out of the living room window. Autumn reacted by screaming and running around in circles (seriously). I ran out the door and saw her standing outside crying. It was terrifying, and still causes me to feel sick and tear up a little when I think about it. It really was not funny, nor did I ever think it would be.
That is of course until Saylor decided that the very first thing to document in her new diary was this traumatic event. When I saw it, it brought me to tears again...because I could not stop laughing. I love this little girl so much!
And here it is:
Happily gazing out the window, probably at a butterfly...
Back to School Blessings
1 week ago

And finally, in the hospital bed.
8 comments:
That is so classic--well worth the two weeks of would-have-done-it-anyway bed making. Trauma (especially the kind that ends well) has a way of creeping up in ways that end up being painfully hilarious later...
I laughed so much I could hardly breathe - had to use my inhaler! I too get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I think about this, so the lighter side of it was a welcome change. Love you Saylor! Pops.
Saylor, it is so cool to see your drawings and your poetry, and the picture of our back yard you sent me. I wish you had never ever fallen out of a window, but I'm so happy our Heavenly Father was watching over you, and that you can now look back on it with such sweet drawings. Nana
The strange thing is, Brandon and I were just talking about this the other day and how scary it was!! I can't really say she did very well in Syracuse. There were a few scary moments that make you wonder "What on earth is going on?" She is obviously a very special little girl. And, yes, her drawings of the event are pretty funny. It's good she can process it.
That was a scary experience but also a miracle, Saylor definitely has angels around her!
Holy crap that is hilarious! Thanks Saylor for finding some humor in a not so funny situation. I heart her!
That was such a horrible experience. I do remember you telling me about that. So scary! She is around for a reason!
How funny that she remembers that - and yeah, I love the sequence of events drawn out in pictures - talk about a keeper!
Post a Comment