The Miller's

Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Happy Halloween, Trick-or-Treat, Thank You"

Yesterday I tried to drill into my kids minds three hard fast phrases while they were begging for candy. I told them first you say "Happy Halloween" then you say "Trick-or-Treat" and finally you say "Thank you". I proudly thought to myself that my children will be the most polite trick- or-treater's EVER!! This is what actually happened...



Ding Dong...
The door opens...
My kids stand their saying nothing but grabbing fist fulls of candy from the bowl the homeowner is holding. Then as they run across the unsuspecting citizen's lawn to their next victim they yell in one breath "Happy Halloween Trick-or-Treat Thank You" No pause in between. It was awesome.



Here they are in the flesh.



I feel it only right to reveal that Eowyn, our sweet pink kitty, had nothing to do with the aforementioned scenario.


Michael, aka Thomas, was very much involved in the fists full of candy part.




Saylor, our angel, was pretty much in charge of grouping the phrases together and yelling them in between yards.
The whole thing was definitely a family effort.










9 comments:

Sally said...

They are SO adorable!!! Can't wait until you are in the same state as us!!!

Rachel said...

Great pictures. Isn't Halloween fun? Even if the politeness is all grouped together, it's a great holiday. :)

Incidentally, that has got to be the sweetest pink kitty I have seen in my life. What a doll!

Jill said...

Oh I love them! Eowyn is getting so big!! I think as long as the Halloween wishes/thank yous were hollered before the door closed you are safe :)

Angie said...

They look great! Sounds like they had a good time. We miss you guys!

Meli said...

so cute! i love it! those were great outfits! that was such a cute kitty! michael is getting so big and saylor...man i almost didnt recognize her! ohhh, give those kids kisses for me.

Wendy said...

Suzanne told me that Thomas who is three and finally old enough to appreciate Halloween kept saying "give me candy". Manors come eventually don't they!

WendyandGabe said...

too cute! Especially the little kitty :)

Unknown said...

How much fun is that! I love it! they all look so darling! I just can't belive that your so far away. How is that plans on coming to Utah? Just wishful thinking!

Taunya said...

I love the costumes! We sure need to get together again soon. Maddie is missing Saylor.