It's been a while since our last post and I'm waiting on some stuff for work...so...here's a little update:
Saylor is excited to see her grandparents (Autumn's parents are coming on Saturday). She must be bored too because I keep getting calls from her that go something like this,
"Dad?"
"Yes."
"Ummmmm. Bye."
But you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have Saylor.
Micheal is a mystery wrapped in an enigma with a puzzle-filled center and nougat. Sometimes it feels like he's the new boy in the neighborhood. I'm his dad, but really he's there just to take good care of me. And as long as we keep on givin we can take anything that comes our way. He is our very sweet boy - who never gives up, he's always there, fighting with Saylor over panda bears (they have a couple Pooh bears Michael calls panda bears).
All-in-all they are both doing well, but they have these moments when they just lose control; in the past, streaks on the china never mattered before, who cares? But now I want to tell them that there's a time you got to go and show you're growin' now you know about the facts of life...you know? But, I'm not sure they're ready to hear that.
And then there's Eowyn. She's a small wonder, pretty and bright with soft curls. She's a small wonder, a girl unlike, unlike other girls. She's a miracle, and I grant you she'll enchant you at her sight. She's a small wonder, and she'll make your heart take flight.
Autumn and I are both okay - trying to do all the things we know we should. Emphasis on the trying. But making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot. Sometimes we like to just kick back and relax. It helps us remember that as long as we got each other we've got the world spinnin right in our hands. We gotta be the luckiest dreamers who never quit dreamin. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a rare condition, this day and age, to read any good news on the newspaper page. Love and tradition of the grand design, some people say it's even harder to find. What ever happened to predictability? The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV. Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you, may not be right for some. But we're doing our best with what we have and I think it's fair to say we're pretty happy.
Anywho - that's it. Sha la la la.
Back to School Blessings
1 week ago
4 comments:
In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court
for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a
maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today,
still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. They know life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg, race cars, lasers, aeroplanes - it's a duck blur. They might solve a mystery or rewrite history. Their motto is fish don't fry in the kitchen; beans don't burn on the grill. Took a whole lotta tryin',
just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me baby,
There ain't nothin wrong with that. So if you have a problem - if no one else can help - and if you can find them - maybe you can hire: The A-Team.
La, la, la, la, la, la, now you know the tune
La, la, la, la, la, la, you'll be Smurfing soon.
Wayne - I knew you'd get it. But let's see who can name them all...
Only my man can write a whole post using nothing but old sitcom theme songs. I have to admit I did not it until I read the Small Wonder one and then it hit me. I've never been more proud.
I wish I was THAT bored at work! I don't even have a second for a potty break!
Fun post!
Post a Comment