The Miller's

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Full on spider battle in my kitchen

So, a lot of people have been begging for more pictures. Well, you asked for it. But first, the context.

I was minding my own business when a huge fly buzzed passed my noggin. I don't like being startled, so I search around and plotted my revenge. I found a handy throw pillow, and planned to make good use of its name. When the fly came around for a second pass I let him have it. Wham! It sailed into the corner of the kitchen stunned. When I went over to finish off my kill, I saw a spider drop down out of its hiding place and attack the still dazed fly. It quickly tied it legs together - like a cowboy hog-tying some poor farm animal that probably could have been persuaded to do whatever the cowboy wanted for a little hay, but I digress. I was pretty enthralled by the whole ordeal and decided to capture the epic battle between spider and hog-tied fly. Watch out famous National Geographic photographer whose name escapes me!







5 comments:

Autumn said...

Whoa, that's so intense. Woooooooooooo, Yeah it's starting to look like a double spider. What does this mean?! It's so beautiful. Oh my it's a double complete spider battle in my kitchen. Tell me what it means. Too much, tell me what it means. It's so intense.

Brooke Miller said...

OH MY! double rainbow

Sally said...

HAHAHAHA!

But I HATE spiders...

Wendy said...

Layla looks so cute in the pictures!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

You dork!! Haha - you crack me up. :)